COVID-19 Safety Measures for Events
We want event guests coming to the McNamara Alumni Center to feel safe during their time in our building. Whether we are hosting an in-person, hybrid or completely virtual event here in our venue, we’re following the current Covid-19 safety requirements given to us by the State of Minnesota. We have also added our own steps to further enhance your safety and experience here at McNamara. However, to ensure the safety of everyone, we need cooperation from everyone:
McNamara Alumni Center Responsibilities:
(Established by the State of Minnesota in addition to McNamara initiatives)
- We have enhanced cleaning measures throughout the building with an emphasis on high-touch areas including door handles, restrooms, elevator knobs, etc.
- We are sanitizing furniture and surfaces in between events.
- We are sanitizing AV equipment in between use by individuals.
- Event, catering and janitorial staff are wearing masks at all times and gloves as needed.
- We are setting tables to accommodate households up to 6 people, couples and individuals—all 6ft apart.
- We’ve designated pathways to move safely throughout the building including 1-way entrances and exits if merited.
- We are helping form lines with stanchions and floor markers that keep guests 6ft apart.
- We are conducting a health screening of all event guests and vendors upon entering the building. The screening consists of 1 question regarding whether or not they are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.
- We offer complimentary hand sanitizer at event entrances.
- We offer masks at our Visitor Information Desk to those who ask.
- We have signage throughout the building that reminds guests of safety practices.
Event Guest Responsibilities:
- Should not attend the event if he/she is ill or has experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Upon entering the building, all event guests will participate in a health screening that asks whether they are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms (See above.)
- All event participants should wear a mask. They are required. This includes in restrooms, elevators, hallways, and lobbies.
- Maintain 6ft distance between persons while seated, standing or dancing.
- Adhere to the room setup/configuration and refrain from moving any chairs/tables.
Event Client Responsibilities:
- Ensure your event attendees understand and adhere to the guidelines listed above. (These will also be posted outside all McNamara event rooms.) Specifically, event guests should be told to bring a mask, keep 6ft of distance between persons and be prepared to answer a 1-question health screening upon entering the building.
- It is recommended that you share these guidelines with your attendees prior to the event date by email, website, social media, or event invitation.
- A few weeks prior to your event, you will be asked by your McNamara representative to sign and return a Covid Safety Agreement that identifies consequences for non-compliance.
- Provide an alphabetical list of your event guests and vendors prior to your event for McNamara to expedite a quick health screening onsite of all attendees.
- Work with your McNamara event coordinator to complete a seating worksheet of households, couples and individuals to assist us in table configurations.
- Work with your McNamara event coordinator to communicate to your guests any specific instructions to enter the building. Entrances are determined by McNamara with consideration for health screenings.
- Consider how to limit multiple people touching objects at your event. Examples: Print nametags in advance versus having attendees share pens to write their own nametags. Identify one person responsible for touching/operating AV equipment such as a laptop or handling microphones.
- Please have masks to give to attendees who have forgotten to bring a mask.
- Appoint a staff member or volunteers to help usher guests to their seating accommodation.
If you have any questions regarding these responsibilities, please contact a McNamara Alumni Center coordinator or email email@example.com.
Thank you for helping us Work + Meet + Celebrate Safely!
Nick S. — August 2020 Hybrid event client
Executing an in-person/online hybrid event is a difficult undertaking, but the McNamara event and AV staff made it look easy. They were extremely helpful, and provided outstanding support during the planning process, and especially on the day of the event.
Katherine K. — August 2020 wedding client
“This year and planning process have been a challenge for everyone; we sincerely appreciated the thoughtful balance by McNamara staff between Covid precautions and making our wedding feel "normal". We received lots of positive feedback regarding how safe and fun the night was. The entire McNamara team was a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for making our wedding a dream come true!”
Erin L. — May 2020 wedding client
“We were SO excited to have our wedding at McNamara Alumni Center in May 2020. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our wedding due to COVID-19 and we ended up getting hitched at our home. While we didn't get to experience an actual wedding day at McNamara, I still wanted to leave a review for McNamara, because they really couldn't have been more amazing throughout the WHOLE process, even through canceling. I so appreciated their understanding and willingness to help through a really unfortunate time. I really think everyone should consider this venue, not only because of how beautiful it is, but really because the people are so great.”