Alumni Association Member Discounts for Room Rental & Weddings
Although everyone who graduates from the University of Minnesota is either an alumnus or alumna, officially joining the University of Minnesota Alumni Association has benefits! Membership is open to alumni, U of MN employees, students, parents of students, even friends of the university! Beginning November 2022, Alumni Association dues-paying members at the multi-year and life member levels receive discounts on their meetings and events at McNamara Alumni Center. One year and student memberships do not qualify.
Members in this category receive 20% off rental of any room at McNamara Alumni Center. Special discounts apply for wedding packages (See below for discounted amounts and benefit conditions.)
Members in this category receive 10% off rental of any room at McNamara Alumni Center. Special discounts apply for wedding packages (See below for discounted amounts and benefit conditions.)
Room rental discount** for UMAA multi-year members (10%) & life members (20%):
- Memorial Hall ($2,600 discounted to $2,340 or $2,080)
- University Hall ($1,600 discounted to $1,440 or $1,280)
- Johnson Great Room ($1,600 discounted to $1,440 or $1,280)
- Thomas H. Swain Room ($1,000 discounted to $900 or $800)
- Heritage Gallery ($1,000 discounted to $900 or $800)
- Ski-U-Mah Room ($800 discounted to $720 or $640)
- The Commons ($400 discounted to $360 or $320)
- Minnesota Room ($400 discounted to $360 or $320)
- Gateway ($200 discounted to $180 or $160)
- Big Ten Room ($200 discounted to $180 or $160)
Wedding package discounts for UMAA multi-year members & life members:
- Memorial Hall + Johnson Room package $300 or $500 off
- Memorial Hall package $200 or $300 off
- University Hall package $200 or $300 off
How To Use This Benefit
When inquiring about room availability at the McNamara Alumni Center, identify yourself as a University of Minnesota Alumni Association member. Provide your member ID if you know it. The McNamara sales team will confirm your membership status.
- The McNamara rental contract must be in the name of the UMAA member.
- He/she is accountable for the contract terms and payment.
- The member or his/her owned company is the client and the member will be present at the event.
- The person's membership is current and paid in full or if on a monthly payment plan, has paid at least as much as the discounted rental amount toward his/her membership. Example: An alumna paying $75 per month toward a life membership must have paid at least $300 toward her life membership to receive $300 off McNamara's Memorial Hall wedding package.
- Not valid for events already booked with signed contracts.
- Sample events include:
- Wedding or Rehearsal Dinner—your own or your child’s
- Holiday Party, Board Meeting or Retreat of the company that you own
- Retirement Party—your own or spouse’s
- Memorial Service for you or a family member