Our neighborhood: Stadium Village
The McNamara Alumni Center is located in Stadium Village, a dynamic University of Minnesota neighborhood. While the neighborhood’s moniker derives from Memorial Stadium, torn down in 1992 and where the McNamara Alumni Center now stands, today the Minnesota Golden Gophers football team takes the field at the beautiful and adjacent TCF Bank Stadium. Williams Arena and Mariucci Arena, home of Golden Gopher basketball and hockey respectively, are also located across the street from the alumni center.
With numerous restaurants, hotels, coffee shops and convenient stores, the alumni center is a great venue for conferences and events.
Have a conference break or need to run an errand? Within walking distance from McNamara you'll find:
- Starbucks and Caribou Coffee
- Walgreens, US Bank, Great Clips
- The University of Minnesota Bookstore
- Goldy's Locker Room for U of M apparel
- Numerous restaurants including our favorites Sally’s Saloon and Bar Lucador
- The Weisman Art Museum and gift shop
- Miles of walking and running trails along Mississippi River
Jump on the Green Line of the Light Rail at Stadium Village Station and you'll be in downtown Minneaplis in just 3 stops!