Virtual Meeting and Event Solutions
Enlist the McNamara team to help you facilitate virtual event solutions to engage your constituents
As we navigate the Covid-19 pandemic along with the rest of the events industry, the McNamara Alumni Center is creating ways to continually serve our event clients and help reach your goals.
Scenarios to help us identify which solutions are best for you:
Clients who require an event space to pre-record and/or live stream speakers for a message delivered to virtual attendees. Clients who require an event space to create pre-recorded segments for a fundraiser, conference or advertisement.
Solutions Include Three Components:
1. Room Rental
- If the use is for video recording only with no attendees in the event space, we recommend the Johnson Great Room or Ski-U-Mah
- Half-off regular JGR and SUM room rates
- Includes 4 hours of room rental (additional hours can be added)
- If the use is for attendees to gather, regular event rates apply with considerations for reduced rental per social distancing capacities
- Includes 6 hours of room rental
- For each additional room needed for overflow seating by attendees, room rental is 50% off
2. An AV Operator(s):
- Live-Streaming Technician
- AV Technician
- AV Producer
- Optional add ons: pre-event consultations, high-quality recording of your event, coordination of logistics such as graphics/slides, speaker transitions, live Q&A, lighting, post-production editing, etc.
3. Health & Hygiene Measures:
- Dedicated staff member to perform or facilitate cleaning of surfaces and shared AV between users
- See sidebar
Considerations for event planners when planning virtual meetings amidst Covid-19:
- Should we provide and/or require all onsite guests to wear masks?
- Should we take temperatures as participants arrive on site?
- Should we recommend air hugs, elbow bumps or a polite namaste as a greeting among participants?
- Do we need to split and spread a general session into multiple rooms and use technology so all can participate?
- Should we request food and beverage options be pre-packaged—including snacks and breaks. No more passed hors d’oeuvres and buffets!
- How do we provide collateral and marketing materials in digital-only formats?
- Should we facilitate registration of attendees entirely online as a means of physical distancing. Should there be tier-pricing to accommodate in-person and remote attendees?
- Do we develop an app to streamline the registration, communication, and information processes?
- Should we provide hand sanitizing pumps on all tables or in swag bags?
- Should we request the venue to share housekeeping and cleaning activities publicly, on site including seeing masked and gloved housekeeping staff in the front of the house at all times.
- Are there opportunities for sponsorships by cleaning supply products, audio/visual or technology companies, health and wellness brands, sanitizers and food packaging companies?
McNamara’s Health and Hygiene Measures for Events
- Hand sanitizer available at room entrances
- Posted social distance expectations throughout building
- Sanitize AV equipment between uses (microphones, laptops, podium, slide advancer, etc.)
- Sanitize surfaces between uses (tables, carts, podium, etc.)
- Floor markers to indicate 6-feet where lines form
*Some of these measures will evolve as we learn more about health guidelines and the procurement of cleaning supplies.